Metallica won the Grammy prize in 1990, with One. In this song, they are the 7th greatest solo. In the album “... And Justice for All”.During 19 seconds, Hetfield plays clean guitar and after Kirk joins with her clean guitar, but in the pont we are with electric guitar. This song is about the novel “Johnny got his gun “ (You can see the movie too). To make a summary, the story is about a man who is sees the hell of war.
The Lyrics
I can't remember anything
Can't tell if this is true or dream
Deep down inside I feel the scream
This terrible silence stops it there
Now that the war is through with me
I'm waking up, I cannot see
That there's not much left of me
Nothing is real but pain now
Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, help me
Back in the womb it's much too real
In pumps life that I must feel
But can't look forward to reveal
Look to the time when I'll live
Fed through the tube that sticks in me
Just like a wartime novelty
Tied to machines that make me be
Cut this life off from me
Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, wake me
Now the world is gone I'm just one
Oh god, help me
Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please god, help me
Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell
Landmines has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell
Words: 86
Date: 25 October 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a great song that i know because of guitar hero 3. I played a lot too it and this song was the best one. Have you ever played this song on Guitar hero!?
ReplyDeleteYeah, I play this song in Guitar Hero, but not Guitar Hero 3, I play it in Guitar Hero Metallica. The song is easier in Metallica, but the solo is very different. In Metallica, we have 40 songs of metallica and 10 others songs.
ReplyDeleteyeah me too i played this songon guitar hero
ReplyDeleteit is so great. Normaly i don't listen to this genre but Metallica is a really good band so sometimes it happens that i listen Rock songs.
Metallica is a very good band! Then, One is not my favourite song, I prefer Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matter and St-Anger.
ReplyDeleteI realy like Metallica!
ReplyDeleteWith ''The Unforgiven'',''My friend misery'' and ''no leaf clover''.
But I prefer some song of All that remains. I realy like Metal music!! (Go lisent ''two weeks'' or ''This calling'')
36 Words
Wow! cool video and song. I have hear this song for the first time on guitar hero 3. The video is very sick but i don't like the violence on the conten
ReplyDelete